Saturday, January 12, 2013

Goody QuikStyle Paddle Brush


In spring 2012 Goody hair care released a new brush (which recieved InStyle's "Best New Brush" award) that included not just your standard plastic bristles, but also microfiber bristles. Having long hair that seems to take ages to dry I was instantly intrigued with this brush. Goody claims that these bristles (designed with antimicrobial fiber) are added to help wick away 30% more water for a quicker dry time. There are three style options to choose from: paddle*, round and comb.


 
 
Located along the sides are vents designed to allow airflow for a quicker dry time. With that being said, the brush is a bit more bulkier in the body than your standard paddle brush.
 
The brush is lightweight compared to other paddle brushes I have used. This was designed to keep your hand and arm from getting tired quickly. Personally, I found my arm got more easily tired with this brush, which I think is due to the microfiber bristles. I feel like I have to tug a little more to get the brush moving through my hair. I found I had to change hands more than usual to give the other a break.
 


 
I have fine, medium, straight hair
 
 
I found this brush works best when you have time to let your hair towel dry for at least 15 minutes. I did several test runs and found if you used the brush with little to no towel drying time the less the bristles worked. They get soaked quickly and end up rewetting the hair that was just dried.
 
The photos above were taken with approximately 15-30 minutes of towel dry time. Usually my hair would take 15-20 minutes to dry my hair with my usual paddle brush. With the photos above, my hair was fully dry with the exception of slightly damp roots around 6 minutes- which is really quick!.
 
After testing the paddle brush, I think I might purchase the round brush to give a little bit more finish at the ends of my hair and volume at the roots.
 
The only downside to this brush is that it's not meant to be used as a standard brush. You can use it as one, but I find having a regular bristled brush works much better at detangling, etc. So essentially you would have two brushes in/on your counter tops, drawers, storage, travel bag etc.
 
* Sent by Influenster for a non paid review

1 comment:

  1. wow I've never seen anything like this before, looks amazing :) You have really nice hair! New follower here, can't wait to read more from you x

    www.staceykane1988.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete