Thursday, May 19, 2011

Most Used Brushes

I have a hodge podge of brushes, but there are a select few that I always reach for and they stay in my bag. My brands are all over the place. I know many people prefer to be strictly one brand like MAC or Sigma, but I'm all over the place with mine. Some other favorites that aren't mentioned are from ELF, Revlon and Target's Sonia Kashuk which are all super affordable and good quality.
This is the Handi Buki from Bare Essentials. It's great for buffing in powders for a flawless look.

This was my first MAC brush. I used to use it for my foundation, but now I use it to apply my Tarte PM 20 Amazonian Clay powder. I switch out my foundation brushes quite often.

This is the closest to brand new this brush has been since I bought it.This is the Airbrush 55 from the Sephora Pro line. I love the finish this gives, but it has draw backs too. 1) it is extremely hard to clean. To clean mine I actually use dish soap. I know the people at Sephora would probably cring at that statement, but I feel it breaks down the oils and synthetics better than baby shampoo. I soak the very tip for a few minutes then I have to swirl it in a rounded cup (this probably sounds super weird, but this method works so good) then wash it literally 7-8 times in the palm of my hand. 2) if too much product is used it makes your foundation streaky. But I love it so much I want the matching concealer brush.

I have had this brush for years! It's a basic blush brush from Clinique that I got in a bonus. I wish they still gave out full size brushes in bonuses :( but I have been good to it and it had been kind back :)
This is an angled brush also from Clinique. I use this for eye liner and for filling in my brows. I've had this for probably 5 years and its still good as new.

I love spoolies! I only use them on my eye brows. but if I find a perfect mascara wand I will literally take the time to clean it and use it when the mascara has run out. Plus it saves money which is never a bad thing.

This packing brush is from Bare Essentials. I have a million of basic brushes but this one is the perfect size.
This is a dual ended liner brush from Tarte. I love this end for smudging.


This poor little brush needs a deep conditioning treatment. This is the other end of the previous brush. It makes the smallest line ever.

Have a great day! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment