Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Philosophy

Mothers day is coming up soon and I don't know about you, but I usually have a hard time deciding what to give my mom, grandmothers, aunt and my boyfriends mom. I usually give each one the same thing every year just something new. One of my grandmothers loves brooches so I usually pick up a Monet at Belk and the other one usually gets a necklace or some think she specifically asks for. My aunt loves charms like for the Pandora bracletes and necklaces. And my boyfriends mom loves candles. Last year I bought my mom an area rug for under the coffee table that matched the one that came with the house haha..
While I was in Atlanta I obviously stopped in Sephora and while make my way around the store I saw that Philosophy had new Easter scents out. You could buy the large bottles or get a trio of smaller bottles. I loved the Orange Jelly Bean scent, but didn't want to pay the price they were asking especially since it was the first store we went to. So I passed up buying any Philosophy products. When we got back home we popped in to Ulta and they too had the Spring Has Sprung set and I decided that I like it well enough to get it.
The trio contains Sugar Chick, Chocolate Bunny and Orange Jelly Bean. Each are 6 oz and can be used as a shower gel, shampoo and bubble bath. I wouldn't trust something I use as a bubble bath or a shower gel to be safe on my hair, but you be the judge. This would be a perfect value set to buy and split it between the people you would want to give it to. At $25 for the set the price for each bottle you be around $8 each.

Sugar Chick is my favorite out of the three. It smells like lemon cookies. It has a fresh sweet smell to it. Each of the gel has an irredecent shimmer to them. It has a recipe for a sugar coated marshmallow on the front. I have never heard of anyone trying these but this one sound kinda fun...

Chocolate Bunny was my moms favorite and my least so I gave it to her :) This one smells like straight up coco. I makes you think of a Hersheys bar every time you smell it.


Photo from Sephora.com

Orange Jelly Bean was reason I bought this set but the more I smelt it the less I liked it. I still like it, but it smelt better in the store... why does that happen. Kind of like shoes: they fit at the store but fall off at home :(

Everytime I see Philosophy shower gels it makes me think of YouTube makeup guru Gregory Gorgeous. In one of his videos he tell a story about when he decided to taste the products thinking they would taste like they smell. If you've never seen GG I suggest that you do, especially if you need a good laugh. Although he sometimes uses strong languge, so if you're sensitive to that then maybe not such a good idea. But he's super funny, I laugh so hard when I watch his videos.
Have a super duper day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment