Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Products I'm Using/Loving at the Moment and a Tornado

Ok, this post is extreamly similar to my last post, but I saw this tag (I think it's a tag) on Duchess Roz's blog and I thought it looked fun. It touches on every aspect of make up which I didn't do in my last post.

Shampoo: at home I use Joico volumizing (I believe it is in a green bottle), at school I use Dove's Pomagranate and Lemon Verbena.
Conditoner: Joico volumizing, Dove Pom and Lemon Verbena
Shower Gel: The Body Shop Morninga
Styling Products: Frizz-Ease Heat Defeat
Body Moisturizer: The Body Shop Morninga Body Milk
Deodorant: Degree Body Responsive Invisible Solid in Shower Clean
Fake Tan: Banana Boat gradual spray tan (smells super good!) and Bare Essentuals fake tan something something.. I don't have the product with me, but I know they sell it on QVC or HSN.
Foundation: MAC Studio Fix Fluid NC 15 (PALE!) and Colour Supplement in Light Yellow
Cleanser: Cerave moisturizing (for winter) and for oily skin :(
Exfoliator: I use the Pretika facial brush from Target it's around $40. It's very similar to the Clairisonic.
Primer: That Gal from Benifit
Foundation Brush: Sephora Professional Airbrush 55, MAC 188, and Sonia Kashuk's version of the Beauty Blender
Powder: Tarte Smooth Operator Micronized Clay Finishing Power with PM20...and Maybelline Fit Me pressed powder in 115.
Concealer: Hard Candy Glamoflauge and Benefit Erase Paste
Blush: MAC MSF in Porcelan Pink and/or Fit Me in Light Pink
Bronzer: when I do use it, I used Benefit Hula
Highlight: Benefit Highbeam and Moonbeam and MAC MSF in Porcelan Pink
Eyeshadow Base: UDPP in Sin
Eyeshadows: NAKED palette, Maybelline Chic Naturals in 250S Tastefully Taupe, MAC All Races
Eyeliner: Tarte emphasEYES in Bronze, Bourjois Contour Clubbing Waterproof (too waterproof in my opinion), and UD 24/7 eyeliners or just a dark eyeshadow
Lash Curler: I don't use one, but if i do I use Cliniques'.
Mascara: All time faves are Falsies and Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara, other ones I may pick up are Mally Volumizing Masacra and Tarte Lights, Camera, Lahes.
Lipsticks: Hard Candy Fire Alarm, Revlon Primrose, MAC Politely Pink
Lipgloss: MAC Creamsheen in Partial to Pink, but I prefer lip balms for moisture.
Nail Color: changes all the time :)

Over the past few months Mother Nature has had a bad case of PMS. One day the weather will be amazing: sunshine, 80 degree weather (ready to break out the sundresses and shorts, anyone?) and the next it will be in the 40s and damp and icky outside. Here on the east coast there have been horrible storms brewing and it think this past Monday was the closest I've ever been to a natual disaster. I go to school in middle TN and it's notorious here for having tornados and damaging storms, but it's nothing you get used to and nothing you can do to prepare for it. Where I live tornados are just something you hear about and rarely see.
Anyways, on Monday everyone knew there was going to be a bad storm coming. I think it was moving north to south. But the sirens went off on campus and I had to walk down 5 flights of stairs (the joys of being a freshman) to my dorms basement. Probably close to hundred people sat in the hot, damp basement for about an hour (good time to play Amgry Birds). No one had conact with the outside world. We were stuck down there until we got the ok from the weather service.
After everyone was released I had like 500 text from people wondering if things were ok. I looked out my window and it looked like nothing had happened, but I got word that my family memebers and their neighbors got hit pretty hard and a middle school behind my college got hit. Luckly my family only had minor damage compared to their neighbors. So please keep the people who are having to rebuild their homes and replace their belongings in your thoughts.
Hope you have a good rest of the week :) and hopefully it's storm free.

No comments:

Post a Comment